Monday, May 31, 2010

A Hot One....

Well the picnic we had yesterday was great except for the heat. It was a hot one out there and being outside in the sun has given me a side effect….a killer headache!!!! I had the day off today and I had great plans for getting a lot accomplished and going out to a jobsite with Danny. Unfortunately it poured rain last night and that means a couple of things…first our house is soaked again from the rain and us being damaged from the hail storm…it also means the ground was too wet to go out and work today. Because my headache came on last night I decided to take a short nap around 7:00, but what it turned into was an all night sleepfest. I didn’t get up until 11:00 this morning!!! Now while it may seem great to sleep that long what my goal was to sleep off my headache….well it didn’t work . Instead I have had to fight this headache all day and I’m still tired and hot again as it is well into the 90’s out there. Sigh…

Ok what I left out yesterday…we are now the proud owners of a bulldozer, tractor (and all the implements), a massive trailer, and a huge dump truck!!! We now have everything we need for Danny to start his business. Before we had it all he was already getting calls for jobs!!! My prayer has been that if this is really what God wants Danny to do is that He will make Danny extremely successful at this. There is still much we have to do. We need to file a LLC, get our farm tax number, our business tax number, file our business name with the county offices, and advertise. There’s still plenty to do but we are trying to go ahead and start the business so we can have some additional income coming in. I can’t tell you Danny is to have everything. He says he finally feels like he is doing something that he loves and he is doing something that you can actually see what you’ve done and it gives him a sense of accomplishment.

We have had one accident since owning the equipment. Danny was trying to get off the bulldozer and he slipped and fell on his bad to the metal tracks. He ended up straining his back and his ankle. I took him to the ER, but when we got there he saw several drug dealers that he had put in jail so there was no way we could stay there. So he toughed it out. He still has a pretty bad headache and a backache but I guess that is to be expected. Right now he is really frustrated from dealing with all the insurance adjusters trying to get the house fixed up. I can’t begin to describe how bad it looks. I might have said this before, but it’s worth repeating…it looks like someone took a 12 gauge shotgun and shot our house up. The siding is horrible, the skirting is shot (we live in a mobile home), the guttering is destroyed, we have broken windows, 2 busted skylights (one in each bathroom), a truck that looks like someone took a hammer to it! The list just goes on and on. The bad thing now is that the roofers came out and ripped off part of the roof (major hail damage up there) and then left and all they did is cover with holey tarps. So now every time it rains the water pours into the house and soaks the ceilings, the floors, and the counters. The adjuster that came out did give us a fair estimate for covering all the damage including a new pool since the hail ruined that too.

Well it sounds like my hubby is back and we’ve got to go drop off the bulldozer at a worksite. I pray you have all had a wonderful Memorial Day. One last thing before I go…I have a very dear friend who is going through some amazingly difficult things right now. I can’t give you details because they are personal to her, nor do I want to give her name because I’m not sure she would want me to. However, the Lord knows who it is and I would appreciate your prayers for her. Praying for you all also. Peace be with you!!!!

Melissa Fitzwilliam

No comments:

Post a Comment