Thursday, May 20, 2010

A Quick Update...

I thought I would do a quick update on what’s going on. Last night storms were pretty bad, but thank the Lord they all missed us! We saw a massive lowering that looked like it was fixing to tornado any second. We were less than a quarter of a mile from it and it was huge!! We did receive more hail last night and I don’t think I told you all that during the last hail storm it broke our windows, skylights, and it looks like someone shot our house with a shotgun. If I already told you sorry to repeat myself, but the damage is bad. Every time it rains now our ceiling gets sopping wet and we get rain in the bathtubs. Danny’s new truck also received a lot of damage. The insurance people are thinking that they may just have to buy a new hood for it because the dents are so big. The hail that hit us was bigger than baseball size!!! The hail that we received last night was about pea size. Oh, also it tore up our roof!!! We’ll have to have a new roof put on with everything else. Danny is now wondering if the hail killed our cat Conan. It’s all conjecture at this point in time but the hail was big enough to do that type of damage.

The latest going on with the puppies is we had to rush Rachel to the vet today. She’s only five days old and she isn’t eating (hasn’t been for about two days now) and about two hours ago she started bleeding out of her rectum. This is really bad. When we got her to the vet her body temperature was just a few degrees away from being dead. She is so very tiny and can’t keep her own body heat up. Also Elowyn’s milk is already drying up!!! The vet told us to feed her cottage cheese to see if we can get her milk coming back in. Now Hannah is doing very well and the vet gave her the stamp of health because she is so very fat (unlike her little sister)!!!! I have already grown so attached to Rachel and I would be heartbroken if we lost her! She looks exactly like my little Elowyn while Hannah looks exactly like Asher. So I’m really praying that Rachel can pull through this otherwise my little lamb (that’s what Rachel means) will be a little lamb of God’s. Elowyn is looking around the house for Rachel and whining because she can’t find her. For starting out as such a bad mommy she has really come around. I did give her some cottage cheese earlier and while she ate a little of it, she didn’t know quite what to make of it lol.

Ok I’m going to get off here and start working on the house. The insurance adjuster is coming out to make a claim on Monday and will need to come into the house to check everything out. While the tornadoes missed us it looks like a tornado has hit the inside of this house. So I’m off to go be a good wife and clean before Grey’s Anatomy comes on. Please keep Rachel in your prayers. I’m not quite ready for her to go to doggy heaven yet. *sniff sniff

Melissa Fitzwilliam

No comments:

Post a Comment