Sunday, May 30, 2010

Happy Memorial Day!!!

Short and sweet guys…we are going over to Ruth’s (Danny’s ex-in-laws) to celebrate Memorial Day and we get to see our girls!!! Most people think it’s odd to spend time with his ex-wife and her family but for us it works out really great! We are really blessed to have this kind of relationship with them. I can easily say that Ruth and Gene (his ex-in-laws) love me more than my family loves Danny. That’s really quite sad, yet I realize that I have been blessed with them and by them.

Rachel (Elowyn’s puppy) didn’t make it. I can’t begin to tell you how broken hearted I was over losing her. We now have one puppy left (out of three) and that’s Hannah. She is so beautiful and tiny, yet she’s a little porker. She has this little fat belly that’s so stinking cute it’s not even funny. We aren’t keeping her and I thought we would be able to sell her for around $850 but the market is so soft right now we’ll probably only be able to get $650 out of her. I’ll be sad to see her go but Danny has promised me more puppies in the future. I now know that I am capable of handling births and raisings and also selling so I know this will be my future job. The one thing I’ll have to do different is not spoil them quite so much because it took Elowyn almost three days to finally get the hang of being a mother.

In other news (and great news) Danny finally told me what I was getting for my mother’s day, birthday, and anniversary. He is buying me laser eye surgery for my horrible eyes. I can’t begin to tell you how excited I am over this. I haven’t been able to see without assistance from glasses or contacts since I was in fifth grade, but even before that I had horrible eye sight. It was so unexpected!!! I have the best husband in the world and I am so blessed to have him.

Well we have to run to the picnic now. I’ll be back with more that I left out since I was trying to make this short. We do now have all the equipment for Danny to start his business and he is already getting jobs. God is really providing for us and it’s great to see Him move in our lives. I hope you all have a blessed Memorial Day weekend. Remember to thank your military for the wonderful job they do and all the sacrifices that they make for us. God bless them!!!!

Melissa Fitzwilliam

No comments:

Post a Comment