Friday, July 16, 2010

We Need Your Prayers....

We have been going through a really hard time lately. The evil one is trying to do a number on us and God has allowed for certain things to happen. We are learning that God is sovereign in all things though a times we really wonder why we must endure these things. I can’t go into details because it’s of a personal nature but it’s safe to say we need your prayers. Not just Danny and I, but our girls also. We are trying to stay strong in the face of adversary, but I can say it isn’t easy. I feel like I’ve had the wind knocked out of me and I can’t catch my breath. I am happy to say that even despite all of the problems we have been going through my depression hasn’t gotten any worse, praise God!!!! However, I have had an amazing support system in our church family. They have rallied around us and kept us lifted up in prayer constantly!!! God has blessed us with them and I thank Him constantly for their unwavering love and support.

I could go into other things that have been going on, but there’s not much to tell outside of our current trial. I’ve had this whole week off to deal with this problem but it hasn’t felt like a week off. My work is being so considerate during this time and will let me take off as much time as I need to get things in order. It reminds me that God has me in the palm of His hand even when it comes to work. He has me right where He wants me and will work on me accordingly. I don’t just love what I do, I love the people there!! They are great Christians and they too have kept us in their prayers. God has led me to this job and I love Him for that. I try to recall a job that I’ve loved this much and the people I’ve loved this much and I can’t think of one! I’m truly content working and being right where God wants me.

Also please pray for some of our family members. They are not being supportive right now and some of them are being down right mean and spreading vicious rumors about us. If you hear of any of these rumors please message me so I can set the story straight. Things have been posted to facebook that should never been put on there!!! I can’t begin to tell you the anger I feel about this!!! Danny and I are both very upset over this!!! Some of the family has been very concerned and voiced their love for us and for that we are so thankful. To be honest it has been hard not to act on this anger but I know it’s not what the Lord wants of me or us. We have had to get to the point that we have to look past what people are saying and we are learning to ignore it. However, the girls haven’t been able to do that. The family’s words are hurting them and that’s another thing that makes this time extra hard. One of our girls has called a few people out on their post, but there are still things getting around that I’m not seeing. I just have to leave it in God’s hands and let Him deal with it.

If you have read this and are praying for us, I can’t begin to express my thanks!!! God will get us through this time, but we can never have enough prayers. Also know I am lifting you up in prayer also. We are blessed to have people in you in our lives!!! Danny and I both appreciate you all!!! If God opens an opportunity to share our current problem with you all I will share it with you, but for the moment I must respect my family’s wishes and keep it among us. Also please remember that if you do hear rumblings on facebook, please notify me. I would love to straighten out those who have the story wrong, but I will wait until they reach out to us first. I guess I’ve rambled on enough now with a vagueness that is probably irritating. Again thank you for your prayers and we love you all!!!

Melissa Fitzwilliam

No comments:

Post a Comment