Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Take Me Beyond My Dreams

A little of me that’s all I have
It’s all I have to give
It’s not much to offer
Give me a reason to live
I am a retched person
So deep down inside
Filthy rags to the core
In You alone I confide
I know I have Your grace
Your peace You give to me
Your mercy is mine to cherish
You can give me all I need
All You require is my heart
And You will circumcise it new
Making me a child of God
In all I say and do
I don’t know why I doubt You so
When You’ve proven Yourself so true
Again and again You freely give
All that I ask of You
Why do I hold on to my dreams
When You can offer me so much more
You can take me beyond my dreams
You’ve done it many times before
I clasp them oh so tightly
Longing for my own way
But that was never Your intention
You can bring to a better day
I long for You healing touch
To cleanse from within
Revive my broken spirit
So peace I may have again
You are the only answer
Truly my only need
If I can learn to be faithful
And seek You to eternity
You long to hold me closer
To be my Love and my Light
If I will let go of these dreams
That keeps me in this dark night
You offer me a way out
But must follow Your way
Then freedom will be mine at last
Bringing me to a brighter day

Melissa Fitzwilliam

No comments:

Post a Comment