Sunday, October 18, 2009

I Don't Deserve His Love

I live by grace and by grace alone
I don’t deserve His love
I beg for mercy all day long
Seeking love from above
I don’t understand His great love
At time my faith is so small
Why would He choose someone like me
When I don’t deserve it at all
When will I grasp the beauty of grace
Or can it be done at all
When will I grasp the freedom in faith
And be assured He’ll catch me when I fall
I don’t know why I live in fear
When He would lavish peace on me
He longs to be my One True Love
And to set my burdened heart free
He longs to still my quaking heart
And guard me in the shelter of His wings
All this and more could be completely mine
If I would only trust Him in all things
Why do I deny myself these gifts He gives
Almost shielding myself from His grace
Why do I turn away from His mercy
When I can’t carry these burdens I face
It’s true I don’t deserve His unfathomable love
But He loves me just the same
He seeks to comfort me from life’s pain
And to remind me the reason He came
He saves me from certain death
He saves me from me
He saves from this retched world
And from all of life’s uncertainty
Somehow, some way I must learn
To embrace the grace He gives
And try to begin to understand
That it’s through faith in Him I live
He came and poured out all Himself
His life He willingly gave
And all of these thing He longs to give to me
He came the wretched to save
I am the wretched, the broken, and bruised
Still I don’t deserve His love
But He pours it out lavishly
Giving me more than I ever dreamed of
He is my Beloved, and forever I am His
The Word declares this true
Faith gives life, grace brings peace
And mercy brings me through
Life in Him is a sweet thing
In His peace I must learn to live
And freedom will be mine at last
When I finally accept all He as to give

Melissa Fitzwilliam

No comments:

Post a Comment